Wednesday 20 February 2013

New sewing mate!!!

Hi all, it's half term over here in sunny Ireland and yes it is sunny. We are enjoying some lovely winter sunshine. It's chilly but the sunshine certainly puts a spring in your step.
Half term consisted of 2 days for me, so it was back to the grind this morning.
However, I took the opportunity and caught up on some sewing.
I had some company whilst I was sewing...


Alfie our 61/2 year old year old shih tzu keeping me company.


In January I decided to join a BOM, so I joined genxquilters and started the sisters Ten modern BOM. My wonderful sister in Austria decided to join me , so we are doing it together. Instead of keeping both blocks , we are sending each other one. So by the end of the year we will have identical quilts. Our criteria is to use our existing stash , any colour and make it up any which way we want. Should be interesting!!!
This is what I've done so far...


Grandmothers frame Jan BOM
Susanna Feb BOM
I also managed to do a Bee Blessed block - Patchwork wheel block.
More hugs for the hugs and kisses quilt.
That's what I call a successful two days.
Hugs and kisses to you all.
                        Ruth xo

4 comments:

  1. You have been working hard Ruth, I love the idea of you and your sister both having the same quilt, grt idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wee dog. How fab that you and your sis are doing the Sisters Ten Modern BOM together - such a great idea! Your blocks are lovely. Look forward to watching the progress of your twin quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alfie is a chancer! Love your blocks! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks! Can't wait to see the finished products!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to hear what you think and leave me a comment. I will always try to reply a.s.a.p.