Sunday 12 August 2012

Setting Out

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog.I have spent the afternoon with my dear friend and sewing teacher Judith. She is responsible for introducing me to the blogging world. She has instructed me well but unfortunately where computers are concerned I am a slow learner.  So bare with me as I get up and running. These are just a couple of things I have made over the last few months.
Wonky Star Cushion.
Value Quilt
I love all things crafty - knitting, embroidery, card making and sewing. However, it wasn't until last Autumn that I got involved in patchwork and quilting. Since then I have become addicted.

I hope you enjoy my blogging and the things I make and  laugh with me and cry with me.

I'm going to enjoy the closing ceremony of the Olympic games to-night. Hope you have a great evening whatever you're doing.

                                    Ruth xo

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog. I love reading the day to day life of people who live in other countries and watching their quilting projects evolving. One day when I have something to show I will blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josie! Hope you enjoy quilting as much as I do. I'm so excited you are my first comment. Ruth.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Welcome to blogland! Looking good! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou soooooo much. Will need another tute- am struggling with the header.! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Jude has enticed you into sewing and blogging - no escape now! Hope you enjoy blogging and that you 'meet' lots of new friends. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Nicky, Looking forward to the challenges of blogging. It's def harder than sewing.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend!! Welcome to blogland! I love it and hope u do too!! Ur makes are brilliant and u've got plenty more to show us! Chat soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  7. Hi Ruth, welcome to the wonderful land of ideas, patterns, laughs, more ideas and wonderful people who are encouraging, encouraged and helpful. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ruth, welcome to blogland! I'm new to blogging, too (inspired, in part, by Judith, too!!) Looking forward to reading about all your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, welcome to bloggidom!
    I have been going about a year, and it is strange how the unexpected cheers you on, and keeps you going. It is good to just document what you are doing,and enjoy!
    Pretty first entry!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my blog. I would love to hear what you think and leave me a comment. I will always try to reply a.s.a.p.